1961 Austin Healey Sprite!
Here's a little "Bugeye Sprite" that we've been commissioned to get back on the road running. As you can see from some of the first pictures, the vehicle was towed over to us not running. Over the last few months, we have rewired the car having do redo someone else's attempt to rewire the vehicle.
So our first order of business was to install a NEW correct wiring harness for this vehicle. The one upgrade we did for this was to install a newer fuse block, adding more fuses for future expansion, and modern fuses to work with.
Once we were done with that' we have gone through the car changing the Oil in the engine , transmission, and rear end. We changed all the coolant hoses, radiator and coolant related parts and pieces.
We found someone had previously upgraded the vehicle with the larger 1275cc engine, with the later model fan. With the new radiator installed we found that the newer style fan blade hit the radiator. We are currently looking at way to correct this problem.
To address some of the handling issues we replace the front Springs with correct new springs for the car, as the old ones had spring spacer's installed to correct the sagging springs.
More to come!